Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick- Vesuvio




Swatched on my sister's arm (NC40)

Product Claims/Website Description>>>

Bright. Bold. Perfectly matte. This super-rich lipstick provides high-impact payoff: an ultra-pigmented, long-wearing formula that glides on effortlessly with comfortable wear. Contains wild mango butter, known to provide advanced moisturizing properties to repair dryness and scaling. Long wearing and enriched with vitamin E and acai oil for antioxidant benefits.

Application>>>

I always prep my lips with carmex lip balm, blot a little then apply the lip color straight from the tube.

Pros
  • True to its name, it's absolutely matte yet non-drying
  • Good stayin' power (about 3-4 hrs)
  • Great color pay off
  • Sleek elegant matte tube





Cons
  • Some might find it pricey
  • Could still be drying if applied without a lipbalm underneath

Store/Damage>>>

Rustan's Glorietta
Php1,450 (2g/.07oz)/$25

The BamShell Thoughts>>>

I usually prefer matte lipsticks as it looks more natural on me, even though it often dries up my lips pretty bad. But that's not the case w/ nars pure matte, as this is surprising moisturizing compare to other ones I've tried. I find the texture and the packaging pretty similar to sephora's matte lippies , however, I find nars to be non drying, no waxy/tacky feeling and doesn't bleed.
I find vesuvio as a pretty wearable red for daytime, I just do a dabbing motion for natural effect and swipe it heavily for a bolder look. I also thought it's cool naming their shades after different places all over the world.
Will I repurchase? yeah, I wanna get tonkin or bangkok shade =)