Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Review: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation- Cream Ivory






>>>Ingredients




>>>Product Claims

(LM Website)An innovative full coverage foundation that makes the skin look luminous and rich. By combining a special collection of silk tea extracts and treated mica. Laura has created a luxurious formula that leaves skin hydrated and protected with a radiant, timeless glow.

(Sephora Website)A rich, long-wear foundation that gives skin a professional, full-coverage finish.



Pros

  • Travel friendly packaging-Mess free,  love the squeeze tube type and dispenses a good amount of product
  • Has a very soft moussey texture that makes the product so easy to blend
  • Light weight- feels very comfortable on skin
  • A little goes a long way
  • Nice luminous finish- no shimmer, not dewy nor matte.
  • Covers my pores well and doesn't settle on some fine lines
  • Didn't break me out

Cons
  • Would've been better if there's spf- but at least it looks good on photos
  • Definitely not a full coverage foundation- I'd say it only has a light to medium coverage
  • It cakes when I try to build it up
  • Doesn't last all day- Not marketed primarily as a long wear foundation, but it's not as long lasting as I expected it to be
  • It oxidizes- good thing that the shade I got appeared to be too light on me coz' oxidizes pretty bad and appears 2-3 shades darker after 4-6 hours of wear.
  • Poor color/shade selection
  • PRICE

Swatches>>>

L-R Nars sheer glow-Punjab, Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation-Vanilla, LM Silk creme- Cream Ivory
(Ref NC25-30) Bottom- Top; Nars sheer glow-Punjab, Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation-Vanilla, LM Silk creme- Cream Ivory

Store/Damage>>>
Sephora Ion/SGD68 (35ml)/around Php1700 at Rustan's


The BamShell Thoughts>>>


I decided to purchase this foundation because of the good reviews I've read but ended up a bit disappointed of its longevity and coverage. It is indeed a good foundation but just didn't work for me and expected a little too much because of the hefty price tag (considering that the packaging is quite simple made of plastic and thin carton).

I currently use LM alternately with Nars sheer glow(though marketed as sheer, this provides more coverage & better longevity) for my everyday makeup at work, since I don't feel the need of wearing a  full coverage foundation and spf coz' I work night shift. I'd normally blend and buff this product using a flat top kabuki or the traditional flat foundation brush if I want to maximize its coverage. 

I've an oily combo skin and as I've mentioned this darkens on me, but it's alright since the shade I got I believe is the lightest in range so it kinda' adjust well with my skin tone. I wouldn't recommend this for oily skinned individuals because it has poor oil control that I have to blot several times a day. (considering I work in a full air conditioned office)

The best thing about this foundation, though, is the natural glowy finish, the blendability and how light weight it feels. Overall, this is a good everyday foundation if you want a natural look that feels comfortable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment