Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

NARS Illuminator in Copacabana



Ingredients>>>




Product Claims/Website Description>>>

Light the skin from within. A collection of light-reflecting liquids that glide on to refresh and enhance the complexion with shimmering incandescence. Deceptively sheer, decidedly luminous.
Can be applied all over the face or used as a highlighter or worn under, over or mixed with foundation.



Application>>>

I usually mix a very small amount in my moisturizer prior to bb cream/foundation application, for a natural radiant effect. As a highlighter, after my bb cream, I dab some on my T-zone down to the tip of my nose, temples, above my cheekbones, a little on my chin and cupid's bow for poutier lips effect w/c I really love. And for all over face glow, I simply mix this w/ my foundation. I sometimes add few drop into my body lotion to add that soft shimmer to my legs when I wear skirts



when blended...
blended even more, under natural light


Pros
  • A little goes a long way
  • Versatile/Multi purpose
  • Easy to tote plastic tube that dispense well
  • Has mild citrus/orangey scent
  • Shimmers are not too obvious/disco-ball look
  • Lasts all day
Cons
  • Expensive
  • Might leave some streaks as it dries pretty fast upon application so blend it quickly

Store/Damage>>>

Rustan's Glorietta
Php 1,750/$29  (1.2 oz/30ml)

TheBamShell Thoughts>>>

This is the only liquid highlighter I've tried so I really can't compare it yet.
(might get benefit's high beam/tony moly's pink beam crystal soon). Took me a little while to learn its application techniques as I ended up w/ streaks and patchy cheeks during my first few tries. 
Copacabana suits my skin tone (I'm NC 25-30) doesn't give me a grayish cast which I often get w/ powder highlighters. I easily get that glowy/dewy look w/c I'm so into these days.
(yeah like the koreans, I hate how perfect their skin looks! lolz). If you got dry patchy skin, you might wanna moisturize well prior to application as this might emphasize flakiness.

Will I repurchase? Nah... I've been using this for about 4 months now and the tube is still full, this would last me forever and I wanna try other liquid highlighters.



No comments:

Post a Comment