Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Matte Bronzers: Smashbox Bronze Lights (Suntan Matte) VS Sephora Bronzing Powder (Moyen Medium 2)




Hi everyone! I just wanna share with you 2 of my favorite bronzers, both are matte (but not flat matte) as I find it more natural and versatile than the shimmery ones. I have quite chubby cheeks to start of, so each time I do my make up it is really important to contour my cheeks, temples and just around my jaw line, giving me that instant dimension and slimmer face.


Now here's a quick review and comparison of the 2 matte bronzers:



Texture Pigmentation Longevity Fragrance Weight Price Packaging
Smashbox soft, semi creamy and easy to blend medium 5-8 hrs Fragrance free 8.5g Php 1k Twist-off cap, Sturdy clear plastic so you can easily see the shade
Sephora Slightly powdery, dry texture, blendable too but not as soft as smashbox slightly more pigmented than smashbox 8-12 hrs Light vanilla scent 9g SGD30/ Roughly more than Php1k Minimalist design,Standard sephora compact w/ Mirror







>>Swatches

If you look at them closely from the pan, smashbox is darker, but when applied, sephora is darker and has more pigmentation . As you can see, sephora has a very slight orange tone and leans on the warm side, whereas smashbox doesn't have gold or orange tone, (perfect for NC20-30) leans on the cool side.

Top: Sephora
Botto: Smashbox
Top: Sephora
Bottom: Smashbox

The BamShell Thoughts>>>

I think it's a common dilemma finding a perfect bronzer that would flatter the complexion and sculpt the face, because it's either you get something that's too orange, muddy looking or too fake. I've already tried several bronzers and to ended up getting a shade that's too orangey for my yellowish complexion, or worse, those that oxidizes so bad; that's why I was so happy when I found my HG bronzers. Overall, I really like both bronzers, but if I had to choose one, I'd probably go with smashbox. =)





No comments:

Post a Comment